About Robert Morris
Robert Morris is the founding senior pastor of Gateway Church, a multi-campus church in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Since it began in 2000, the church has grown to more than 36,000 active members. He is featured on the weekly television program, The Blessed Life, and serves as Chairman of the Board of The King’s University. He is the bestselling author of eleven books including The Blessed Life, From Dream to Destiny, The God I Never Knew, and The Blessed Church. Robert and his wife, Debbie, have been married 35 years and are blessed with one married daughter, two married sons, and six grandchildren. You can follow Robert on Twitter @PsRobertMorris.
- “Robert Morris has a remarkable way of knowing where I live and helping me move forward. His common sense is anything but common. It, and he, are gifts of God. I love him and his teaching.”
Pastor and author
- “Truly Free is a great reminder that there is a spiritual battle raging all around us, but we have the victory in Christ. This book can give you hope no matter what struggles you are facing.”
Bible teacher and bestselling author
- “Truly Free points the way to a literal unshackling from mental torment, self destructive habits, unperceived hindrances of pride, unforgiveness, and secret sins—opening the doorway God’s Word provides for fullness of liberty, in mind, soul, thoughts, habits, and emotions. Here is a Christ-centered, thoroughly Word-based case for, and a God-given pathway into, freedom. Truly Free is a patient unfolding of biblical studies that reveal the Savior’s kingdom’s power over all that is demonic, deceiving, or destructive of human wholeness.”
—Pastor Jack W. Hayford
Chancellor, The King’s University; and founding pastor, The Church On The Way
- “It’s rare to meet anyone who doesn’t battle with some reoccurring sins or destructive thought patterns. That’s why Pastor Robert’s new book, Truly Free, is a must-read for anyone who is tired of feeling trapped in a destructive cycle. Pastor Robert’s honesty is disarming; his suggestions are practicable; but most importantly, his spiritual insights are life transforming. I hope you will read this book and become truly free.
Senior pastor, LifeChurch.tv; and author, From This Day
Forward: Five Commitments to Fail-Proof Your Marriage
- “No successful person can walk through life without confronting the issues that hold him or her back. If you want to go to the next level in your relationships in your job, and in your relationship with God, then you are going to have to identify what is holding you back. Robert Morris’s principles and advice will help you start your journey to being truly free.”
—John C. Maxwell
- “This book is filled with liberating truths every believer needs to know. Robert is so gifted at simplifying the Bible and making it practical. Truly Free isn’t just a great book—it is a spiritual experience that will deepen your relationship with Christ and set you free to live as God intended.”
Founder and CEO, MarriageToday
- “I am so thankful for the honesty and boldness of Robert Morris in his book Truly Free. Sharing his own story and practical advice for how he broke free from his personal battles is inspiring. Anyone who has ever struggled with overcoming the chains of sin in his or her life should absolutely read this book!”
Senior pastor, NewSpring Church; and author, Unleash! and Overwhelmed
- “Right in the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus teaches us to pray: ‘Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.’ In His parable of the sower, He pictures Satan coming quickly to snatch away the good seed. Clearly, we’re in a battle, folks—in our minds and emotions as well as for our eternal spirits—and the enemy is not just our flesh but the devil himself. Robert Morris reveals the nature of the struggle we all face and the sure ways to win. Every believer needs to read this book.”
Christian activist and entertainer
- Spiritual warfare is a messy business. The Bible describes a raging battle going on around us that we can’t see, but that doesn’t mean we have to be afraid of it. In my reading of Scripture, I think it basically boils down to this: great big Jesus, little bitty demons. I’ve read the back of the Book, and guess what? We win! In Truly Free, Pastor Robert Morris helps you get past the fear—and into the freedom.
—Dave Ramsey, New York Times best-selling author and nationally syndicated radio show host